Write Informative Essay Sample
One may argue that any academic essay in the world is an example of the informative essay as it provides specific information on a chosen topic. From one side, it is true, but this type of writing has its specific features. In the article below, the experts explain the way to write such assignment, provide examples, and share the top list of informative essay topics.
FIND OUT HOW EASY IT IS
A student may be running out of time because of the overloaded schedule. If it happens to you, and you cannot afford to spend a lot of money on the solution, select a cheap online essay writing service, which offers custom works of the high quality.
What is an Informative Essay?
The most popular types of academic essays include:
Most of the students tend to believe the last one is the simplest assignment. Teachers stress it might be the most challenging task. It is not enough to describe a specific topic – a student should act as an expert in the chosen field by providing specific examples and educating the audience on the given problem. The essay should be informative and encourage at the same time.
Conclusion: An informative essay is a type of academic writing assignment, given at any educational level no matter what the field of study is, which aims to provide basic information and in-depth knowledge of the selected topic.
How to Write an Informative Essay: General Tips to Keep in Mind
If you wish to learn how to write an informative essay, it is important to discuss the whole process step-by-step to make it clear.
- Brainstorm to come up with the list of great topics. Conduct research to find which of the offered topics has most of the related, credible, and up-to-date materials before making a final decision. Think about which of the potential topics would be the most beneficial for the reader. Example: Eating disorders are a relevant topic for the modern society (it could be a perfect informative essay title).
- Create a sound, tentative thesis statement before writing. Think about what you wish to share with the reader, reasons why the specific problem is important, and how to persuade the audience of the issue’s significance. It could be something like, “The progressing eating disorders caused 13% of the deaths in the United States during the last year.” If a student writes something like that, he/she should recall a source of the statistics.
- Write a draft. In the initial draft, list the questions related to the chosen topic along with the facts you know based on personal knowledge and experience. Provide specific examples from real life to prove that you have faced the issue. You may specify how many eating disorders and their consequences you observed during the lifetime. Compare the number of females and males suffering from this problem. A writer may recall the number of young and older adults who experience various eating disorders to complete an informative essay.
- Observe the selected topic online and in the library. It is important to choose credible, relevant, and up-to-date sources meaning they should not be older than 5 years (start from textbooks and end up with journals and scholarly articles). Interviewing people is another great way to collect information.
- Write the body.
- Review the final draft before submitting it. It is possible to apply different free online sources, paid apps, or hire professional editors online to check if the text corresponds to the highest quality standards.
Informative Essay Outline: 3 Main Elements
An informative essay outline is an action plan, similar to the table of contents, which helps a writer not to get lost while working on the essay. Writing an outline is not obligatory. Experts recommend writing this part, in any case, to prevent yourself from facing a writer’s block in the middle of the process.
An outline for this type of academic essay is common. Have a look at the way each integral part of the informative essay is written in the sections below, and pay attention to the offered example.
How to Write an Informative Essay Introduction?
The initial stage is an introduction, which should start with the sound hook sentence to make the reader interested in what a writer plans to share.
“Among all hooks, try to focus on using jokes, statistics, facts, famous quotes, anecdotes, similes, and metaphors. Example: “Eating disorders is one of the leading killers of young girls.” Introduce the topic with its background in a couple of sentences. End up with a powerful thesis statement, which points to the necessity of topic research. Do everything possible to lure the audience's interest in the initial paragraph.”
Catherine Doyle, The University of Michigan professor and editor at Pro-Essay-Writer
How to Write an Informative Essay Body Paragraphs?
Apply the body part to inform the target audience about the peculiarities of the topic. Share some interesting facts, go into the possibly unknown details, or reflect a common knowledge in a new light to make readers intrigued. The three integral elements of each body paragraph are the claim, supporting evidence, and explanation.
How to Write an Informative Essay Conclusion?
End up the paper by providing a summary of the obtained skills and the main points listed in the body of your informative essay. Avoid adding any new information and questions. Bring the closure to the paper while maintaining the reading audience’s interest in the offered topic/research problem.
Free Informative Essay Outline Example
The example of an outline will help to understand how to write an informative essay. The topic is the influence of smoking on the human organism.
- Define the topic (what smoking is).
- Provide short background information on smoking (the way people obtain this bad habit, reasons to become addicted, and what happens if the person decides to quit smoking).
- Create a thesis statement. It could be the relationship between the smoking and the increased risk of various dangerous lung diseases). Identify the scope of the informative essay.
- Smoking and different risky lung diseases.
- Describe the way smoking can impact human organism in other harmful ways (example: heart attack, brain activity, etc.)
- The ways to quit smoking/release form this harmful addiction.
- Reword the thesis sentence(s). Recall the correlation between different types of lung and heart diseases and a bad habit such as smoking.
- Reiterate the significance of the research on the outcomes of smoking.
- Offer some forecasts for the future (example: “If the American nation does not quit smoking in the closest future, it might result in…”).
Cite every citation used in the text. Reference the sources. Provide each entry in the References page according to the required academic format (from MLA to Harvard).
It is time to move to the informative essay topics. You can get more topic ideas by following the suggested link.
40 Stunning Informative Essay Topics
The time has come to observe the list of the best informative essay topics
Informative Essay Topics for College Students
- Various types of natural disasters
- The consequences of consuming fast food in great amounts
- Ecological issues humanity faces today
- Plastic surgery: its role in the modern world
- Effective, time-tested methods to overcome stressful situations
- Measures people can take to defend nature
- What is slow food?
- How is smoking dangerous to our health?
- What does a healthy lifestyle involve?
- The history of alcoholic beverage industry
Good Informative Essay Topics
- Reveal the nature of domestic violence
- The basic trends in alternative medicine
- The history and development of social networks
- Prostitution: Definition, background, and pros & cons
- The process of winning a lottery
- The problem of illegal immigration
- Racism in modern American society
- Is the Internet the most revolutionary invention ever?
- Is it possible that marijuana can be helpful for human health?
- What causes violence on college campuses?
Informative Essay Topics for Middle School
- The way homeless people survive
- School textbooks cost
- Childhood obesity: Causes and outcomes
- Why does censorship on TV exist?
- Talk about favorite book
- The way cell phone functions
- Useless school laws
- The way gravity works
- The life cycle of any insect of choice
- Things that make bloggers popular
Easy Informative Essay Topics
- Using Mac computers
- A presentation on artificial intelligence
- Doing a diploma coursework in French
- Building a wood cabin
- Describe the way to shoot a horror film
- The percentage of female leaders in male jobs
- What preventive measures should school board take to prevent bullying?
- Is it an obligation to wear hijab o campus?
- How can we differentiate a fever from a typical cold/flu?
Informative Essay Examples
Where can a student get free informative essay examples? Having a vivid example in front of your eyes is the best warranty of successful work. Surf the internet to find what you need. Many free examples of various academic papers on different topics are available online, and we suggest to have a look at one of the numerous top samples.
Students who find it difficult to write an informative essay after reviewing examples and tips from experts do not have to panic. Have you heard about online writing services? There is no need to waste a lot of money on custom writing. Contact one of the cheapest and fastest essay writing team on the web to get any type of academic assignment done before the deadline.
The student would not make his piece of writing impressive without being involved in academic essay writing for years. Do you think that writing an informative essay is easy? It provides specific information on a subject-related topic without any attempts to persuade the reader in the author’s truth, but it offers some challenges. The list of possible informative essay topics is endless. The article shares the top-quality essay topic ideas based on the best academic papers submitted by the students worldwide.
MAKE YOUR CHOICE - BUY TOP ESSAY
Is it possible to overcome the challenge? A professional online essay writing service developed by the talented essay writers from different fields of study will help to overcome problems with your grades.
Informative Essay: Definition by Essay Writing Guru
An informative essay is a type of academic assignment, given to high school and college students to test the way they can provide information on a specific topic (global warming, hate crime, discrimination, fast-food, obesity, etc.). Compared to other popular forms of academic essays (persuasive/argumentative), the student should not try to convince the reader of his truth in an informative essay. It is the most effective academic tool of the high school/college teacher. It is used to evaluate various criteria:
- Knowledge of subject
- Set of skills
- Awareness of formats
- English proficiency
The greatest reward is the highest possible grade and improved great point average (GPA).
How to Write an Informative Essay?
The integral part of scientific/academic essay writing is a research, which refers to the systematic, smooth investigation of primary & secondary sources to present the facts on a specified problem. Modern students have a unique opportunity to use the Internet. It takes less time, nerves, and efforts than high school/college/university libraries used to several decades ago. The approach is the same.
How to Handle Research Process
While studying the available sources, it is important to notice the date of publishing (old sources are those that were published more than 5 years ago), whether the authority accredited the source, and how relevant the displayed information is. It is better to exclude sources that provide an opinion on the matter (for example, reviews or critical articles). It is better to choose the primary sources. They include:
- Books & e-Books
- Academic journals
- Scientific magazines
- Official reports
- Print newspapers
- Accredited websites
- Documentaries & movies
- Research papers
Remember to find & use facts alone. To provide a corresponding evidence in the context of your informative essay, insert either a direct or indirect quote with the help of quotation marks and narrowed reference in the parentheticals. Write down notes highlighting the main ideas. The goal is to inform. Save your time on providing facts & detailed descriptions instead of trying to persuade the target readers that your position towards the researched problem is correct while the opponents are wrong.
Professional Advice from Our Academic Company
“Split the entire information into 3 different categories. Those would be the history of research, the process of it, and the benefits of the discovered materials related to the field of study. Every category will become the focus of the corresponding body paragraphs. Omit any details that no longer fit into your informative essay. Send your ready draft to the professional online essay writing services to avoid any grammar/spelling/punctuation mistakes, plagiarism, issues with formatting, or other factors, which may prevent your informative essay from being excellent”.
Prof. Lesley, online tutor & essay editor from EssayPro
How to Write Informative Essay Outline
Once you decided on the topic, it is time to sit down and spend a couple of hours or more depending on the assignment’s volume on the informative essay outline.
What’s an informative essay outline? By having a clear plan of action, it is possible to avoid problems with an informative essay writing. Like a traveler lost in the forest without his compass, a student will be lost between the lines of his text without having an outline in front of his eyes. The instructions do not always tell to prepare an outline. If it does not say to insert a table of contents, the author should still carry out an outline to recall it each time he starts falling off the topic. The goal is to provide meaningful descriptions to educate the reading audience on the given topic. To understand how to write an informative essay, it is important to introduce data void of any type of bias.
Have a look at each stage of professional academic essay writing (an outline).
How to Write an Informative Essay Introduction
Introduce the topic by developing a shocking, engaging hook sentences in the beginning to grab the reader’s attention. It would be a great idea to insert a literary quote or famous people saying in the opening sentence. Try beginning with the statistics/fact. Another nice option is adding a simile or metaphor.
Work on a powerful thesis statement (include the main informative essay’s idea). Check whether the rest of the arguments relate to it. End your initial paragraph by stating the predictions for the future, rhetorical question, link to the next passage, or anything else to make the reader move to the second section being intrigued. Various transition words & phrases help to build links between paragraphs. Here is an example of informative essay introduction:
“It is 7 AM on a hot day in June, and I have already showered and taken my meal. I realize that the rest of the students are having dreams spending their best summer days the way an average student should when it is sunny outside. I do not envy them. With the huge enthusiasm, I hurry to my part-time job as an editor’s assistant at the local art magazine to gain new exciting writing experience!”
How to Write an Informative Essay Body Paragraphs
Do not come up with more than three body paragraphs & 3 main arguments to defend. Each claim included in the work should be supported by the meaningful, strong evidence retrieved during the process of in-depth research.
Keep in mind the structure below:
How to Write an Informative Essay Conclusion
It is necessary to finish the whole informative essay on an epic note in case the author wants the reading audience to remember his brilliant ideas and go on researching the problem. A conclusion should have a restated/rewritten thesis statement in one sentence. Add a meaningful summary based on 3 main points discussed in the body. It is a good idea to finish the informative essay with the exclamation, forecasts for the future, innovative ideas, rhetorical question, or quote of a famous person. It is all about leaving the last impression! Do not forget about one more page at the end – Bibliography!
How to Format & Reference in Academic Essay Writing
Combine the list of great informative essay topics above with these helpful tips & tricks to have an insight on how to write an informative essay every teacher will love!
It is time to say several words about formatting. Every informative essay instruction will have this point among the rest, so do not hurry to relax. Any format is made of 2 main parts. Those are direct/indirect in-text citations inserted in the body text & list of references, which appears at the end of the informative essay after the conclusion part. It is sometimes called References (in APA style), Bibliography or Works Cited page (in MLA).
An example of the properly referenced list of sources.
Heaney, Seamus. “Beowulf: A New Verse Translation.” W. W. Norton & Company; 1st
Edition, 2001. Print.
Swift, Jonathan. “A Modest Proposal.” Watchmaker Publishing, 2010. Print.
2 Informative Essay Examples
One more thing that a student might lack after reading the article is the informative essay examples. It would take a while to include the entire essay. Read some of the extracts from the most inspiring informative essays written by high school & college students.
It is a good example developed based on one of the top informative essay topics.
Bonus Informative Essay Example on Business
LET ME TAKE MY EXCLUSIVE ESSAY
Deciding on the Top Informative Essay Topics
It is a good chance to demonstrate a personal area of competence if the tutor does not assign a specific topic, leaving the right to choose one. It is not easy. The student has to conduct in-depth research on the most recent news to discover the widely discussed/debated problem in the society. An interesting title supports the right choice of topic.
The best students & professors from the top-rated colleges agreed to share their most effective informative essay topics with the readers of this post. We have divided the topics into separate categories to make it easier to follow.
Informative Essay Topics for College Students
- Informative essay topics associated with vegetarianism
- Computer viruses: types, causes, & consequences
- The usage and outcomes of surprising-reversal strategies
- Great Depression: Its role in history, causes, events, & results
- Shakespeare’s influence on the development of modern British literature
- Football vs. soccer: Their differences & role in sports
- How does the United States handle racial issues?
- Is it possible to minimize the level of pollution in towns?
- Stressful situations in the student’s life
- Measures people can take to reduce the level of domestic violence in the US
Good Informative Essay Topics
- Simple ways to decrease the rates of poverty in the United States
- Information students should know to conduct in-depth research
- Does placebo help to overcome real-life threats?
- How can one write a speech to persuade the audience?
- Why is thesis statement important in academic essay writing?
- Things people should create in XXI century
- Introduction to the world of Stephen King
- How to choose the best idea out of a pool of good ideas
- The time does not change population for better
- New world’s order
Informative Essay Topics for Middle School
- General information on how to compose music
- Interesting facts about the world’s wonders of nature
- Everything related to cooking a fish
- Words that can best describe summer time
- Example of using mobile apps in the process of learning
- Plastic surgery: pros & cons
- Photography: Its history & development
- Several ways to stay healthy with the help of popular foods
- Drug addiction and how to get rid of it
- What defines the best friend: A philosophy of friendship
Relatively Easy Informative Essay Topics
- Three things every business startup should keep in mind
- Ways to find a way out of any legal situation
- Gun control: General information
- Methods to release from drug addiction
- Main causes of child obesity and its treatment
- Traits that make people with bipolar disorder stand out from the rest of the population
- Bullying in high schools
- Do preventive disciplinary measures in school help to improve students’ behavior?
- Who can help with informative essay writing?
- Will humanity ever create a machine capable of cloning people?
We have covered the best informative essay topics along with the essay’s structure, research process, and some other tips that help students around the world to succeed in their academic performance. Do you have any questions left? It does not matter whether you are a high school or college student – if you have no idea how to complete a specific informative essay, make an order at the official website of the leading online essay writing company in the United States!